Creating NAT rules without bi-directional enabled

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Creating NAT rules without bi-directional enabled

Is it possible to create a new NAT rule in the tool without having the bi-directional option turned on? Similarly, is it possible to edit an existing NAT rule and disable the bi-directional setting?

I feel like this is a very common need, so maybe I'm just missing something.

An example would be having a web server that I want to make publicly available with an inbound destination static NAT. But I don't want that internal host to use the same public IP when it makes new connections out to the Internet. Instead, I want it to use the same outbound PAT/hide address that all my other internal hosts use.

Thanks

Tags (2)
L7 Applicator

Re: Creating NAT rules without bi-directional enabled

Hi,

The bidirectional only can be activated when you configure source nat and choose static-ip.

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 20.44.24.png

to check from the MT3 if the bi-directionality has been activated you can easily check the icon at the end of the rule

This icon means unidirectional Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 20.44.03.png and this bi-directional Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 20.49.05.png

Hope this helps to clarify a little bit more the icons on the tool

Regards

L3 Networker

Thanks very much. I was misinterpreting the single green arrow as meaning "bi-directional enabled".

L4 Transporter

i do not see this icon in version PAN 8.0.15

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!