Deleteing objects in MT3 - push changes with API

L4 Transporter

Deleteing objects in MT3 - push changes with API

Hi,

I'm trying to use MT3 to delete unused address groups and addresses.

I've made a project, and imported the config from the device. I've then used the "Remove unused object" button, which deletes some objects from the config in MT.

However, when I generate API calls and push the "address group" and "address" calls to the fw, it does not delete anything. From what I can see only set calls are sent and note any delete calls. This works perfectly when I delete rules in MT.

Is what I'm trying possible to do, or am I doing something wrong?

- Tor

Tags (1)
L7 Applicator

Re: Deleteing objects in MT3 - push changes with API

Hi,

The MigrationTool is not the Management Tool :-). If you make changes into the Tool then you can override using atomic calls the whole address/services and groups sending back the changes via the API Output Manager for example. How you made the changes in your base config the new api call will only contain the objects you have in the tool.

If you want to do a trick from the tool, generate the api calls (atomic) then edit the call for the address for example and then

change the action from SET to EDIT, in the XPATH add /address at the end like

/config/devices/entry[@name='localhost.localdomain']/vsys/entry[@name='vsys1']/address

Click on Save and send the API call. This will override the address by the content in the API call, You can do this with all the other objects like services and groups

Hope this helps

L4 Transporter

Re: Deleteing objects in MT3 - push changes with API

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you are saying :smileyhappy: I'll test the "edit" action with the API, and see if that will help me.

- Tor

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!