How do you merge 2 objects with same Name but don't touch others?

L4 Transporter

How do you merge 2 objects with same Name but don't touch others?

If I click 'Merge Name' button then all service objects (with duplicate name) in my screen will be merged together.

If I select just the 2 objects I am interested in then it will still ask me if I want to Merge all objects in this Vsys.

L7 Applicator

Re: How do you merge 2 objects with same Name but don't touch others?

Hi,

Have you tried to filter them first? :-) The filter is located at the top, its a textfiled where you can type, try this please and see if works.

Regards

L4 Transporter

Please see screenshot below to show you my screen right before I click 'merge by name' :

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 08.50.27.png

then a screenshot that shows it wants to merge 'all' objects instead of the ones I selected

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 08.53.56.png

then as a result you can see that all projects were merged, not just 'IMAP' service :

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 08.57.47.png

L7 Applicator

Hi,

Have you seen the textbox where says "search by name, protocol or value" ? Try searching for IMAP and then use the merge.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 20.16.14.png

tell me how it works

Regards

L4 Transporter

After testing, all these 'Merge XXX' buttons ignore my selections, they are global.

I want to merge by name a selection of items, not all items. Isn't that what the checkboxes are for ?

L4 Transporter

So I see what you mean now : you want me to filter with the exact name of the service.

In such a case it works but it's counter-intuitive : when people see a check-box they know they can use it to make a subselection.

On top of that, it forces people to enter object name, then do merge, then clean filter, enter name of a new object, merge, clean filter ... etc etc ...

Would you study the possibility to actually make use of these checkboxes to make it more efficient for end user ?

L7 Applicator

Hi,

Now I see your point. You want to be able to select from the checkboxs and then apply the merge function. Makes sense.

We will consider adding this into the tool. Thanks for bring this into the table!

Regards

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!