How does the multi-edit function work?

L4 Transporter

How does the multi-edit function work?

Some examples would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Emma

L7 Applicator

Re: How does the multi-edit function work?

Hi,

Let me explain how this feature works.

Main purpose of that is apply changes to all the selected rules, then you can Add/Remove/Replace elements in all your rules at the same time.

Let's Add a service "smtp" to all our selected rules, even if one the rule already contains the smtp, we need to select first the rules, click on the bottom bar on the button "multi-edit", go to the Services Grid and there you will see already the smtp service, is there because was in one of our selected rules but we want smtp in all rules, to do that just click on the "plus" button and select from the combobox the smtp service. Click on Update. Click on save.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.01.04.png

Its important to select the service from the combobox in order to ensure the tool will make the changes. The tool will only add smtp to the rules where smtp was not present.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.03.24.png

Another example will be if we want to remove more than one element at the same time. Just select the rules click on multi-edit from the bottom bar button and go for the destination grid for example and select with the click+shift or click+ctrl as much elements as we want to remove, then click on the "minus" or remove button. Click on Save.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.06.03.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.15.51.png

If we want to apply a Security Profile to all the selected rules, click on multi-edit expand the panel "Next-Gen Features" on the left, select Profile Type and click on Profiles, then select the Anti-virus Profile in my case called default, Click on Save

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.18.30.png

Point your mouse in one of the columns like From and click on the arrow, open the panel columns and select Profile in order to show this column into the grid.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.20.30.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.19.56.png

We can Replace one element for example, now I want to replace the smtp by imap, select the rules click on multi-edit and double clik on smtp, select imap, click on Update. Click on Save.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.57.47.png

You can apply the same for Log forwarding profiles or whatever the option you want. Hope this was useful.

L4 Transporter

thank you, that helps!

Emma

L1 Bithead

Hi, is it possible to perform multi-edit on NAT rules, there is a multi-edit button in the context menu, but so far I haven't been able to make it do anything...

L7 Applicator

Yes, You have to be in 3.3.8 version and with multi edit you can change some of the options not all of them. You can change the zones , interface but not the translated packets... Hope it helps

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

That does thanks. Can you tell me where I can get version 3.3.8 of the migration tool? I'm running 3.0 currently and only see 3.1 available here

L7 Applicator

You can upgrade from the main window. There is a tab called Updates enter and click on Update. After that reboot your VM becasue you have a really old version

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!