How to migrate project file from MT instances

L1 Bithead

How to migrate project file from MT instances

Hi All,

I have done a bunch of work in my MT3 for a client but would like to pass it off to them to finish off.  How can I get my work into another MT3 instance?

I tried to export what I made as an XML file but that file does not import back into MT3.  I even tried importing a config, making no changes and just generating XML and it does not re-import.  When comparing the two xml files it looks like the exported XML re-orders all hte fields which makes it not work in MT3 as a imported config file.

Thanks for any help!

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

Re: How to migrate project file from MT instances

You have to rename it. The tool cannot import files called MT-xxxxx So just remove the MT- from the begining of the name and that's it. This was explained in another post https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Migration-Tool-Discussions/Why-I-cannot-load-files-where-the-na...:) Hope that helps 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!