Import to Panorama

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Import to Panorama

So I have quickly glanced through the documentation and through the tool itself.  At this point is it possible to use the migration tool to import a basic firewall config, then push it over to Panorama?  I know this is the functionality that everyone is waiting for, so if it is possible then I assume that it would be obvious :smileyhappy:. But I had to ask.  Thanks.

Tags (2)
L2 Linker

Re: Import to Panorama

Did you get an answer on this? I'm doing this with several different environments. It works pretty well. I can send the details, but basically you have to set up your Panorama environment first (device and template groups) and export it. Then you export your firewall config. The Panorama config is the Base, and the xml from your firewall is the source. You can pull objects, policies, etc. into your Panorama base, generate the xml and then load that config into your Panorama. You can also do API calls, but I haven't played much with that yet, so I'm a little green on that. I'll be testing it in several environments soon.

L1 Bithead

Well I should have posted an update.  It's not flawless but I basically accomplished the same thing using the method you described.  We had some GlobalProtect config that had to be migrated by hand, but otherwise it did work.  I will probably wait for VPN support before I try anymore due to the fact that we have a ton of GP deployed, but I'm happy to see progress on this front.

L2 Linker

Yeah, that's no good. VPN support would be nice, but it may eliminate all of our jobs. :smileywink:  I've actually become quite adept (more than I cared to be) of manually converting ASA configs. I would bet we could write a script to parse the ASA config files and then create set commands. Are you pretty good at perl? Thanks for the response. I'm also refining my Migration Tools skills ...

L1 Bithead

I'm not very good on the perl front, unfortunately.  Trying to get up to speed with python though.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!