Is it possible to create an address group based on members in a rule?

L3 Networker

Is it possible to create an address group based on members in a rule?

For example, suppose you have a rule to deny all Internet access for specific internal IP addresses. The rule currently has multiple individual address objects as the source criteria.

Is it possible to create an Address Group based on those members so that the rule can use the group instead? What about a similar scenario but with Services instead of addresses? If not, could this be added as a feature?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Highlighted
L2 Linker

Re: Is it possible to create an address group based on members in a rule?

If you have address objects, you can include all those under Address Groups

Objects >>> Address Groups

Same case is with services,

Services

Service Groups

Regards,

Rahul Singh

L3 Networker

I may not have been clear in my original question. I was asking if there is a way to automatically create an Address Group based off the individual address objects that are used in a security rule. I know that I can go manually create an address group and put the members into it.

L2 Linker

I don't think we have that option.

L7 Applicator

Hi,

I got it. Thanks :-)

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!