L4 Transporter

Junos and SRX question

I can see that we say the Migration Tool supports SRX/JunOS but the two are not always the same thing. JunOS ACLs on a Juniper router are not the same format as when configured on the SRX. I have a customer who has a lot of ACLs on their Juniper router (not an SRX) and they would like to convert those onto a Palo Alto Networks device but I can’t say for sure we can do that so I was hoping someone could clear that up for me. Here is an example of what the JunOS config looks like on their router:

set firewall filter [filtername] term [termname]

The SRX would be in the format of "set security policy …”

Thanks!

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

Re: Junos and SRX question

You are correct, the migration tool is strictly the Junos SRX firewall migration.

This is not for packet filter translations which are on routers in firewall filter hierarchy.  These would need to be manually processed.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!