MT Tool - Cisco ASA import stuck at "Fixing Rules based on Destination Nats"

L2 Linker

MT Tool - Cisco ASA import stuck at "Fixing Rules based on Destination Nats"

The MT tool v3.1.14 is getting stuck at "Fixing Rules based on Destination Nats" ... sits there forever.

Any suggestions on what to do?

I'm importing a Cisco ASA v8.2 policy.

Migration Tool import stuck at fixing rules based on dest nats 20170115.PNG

L7 Applicator

Re: MT Tool - Cisco ASA import stuck at "Fixing Rules based on Destination Nats"

Hi,

Its hard to say, maybe if you want to share your config by sending it to fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com or check the parser ouput via web under /debug and see if there is any fatal error and report here the line and the php file

hope it helps

L1 Bithead

Re: MT Tool - Cisco ASA import stuck at "Fixing Rules based on Destination Nats"

IM stuck at the same step. Anyone knows how to fix it?

L0 Member

I ran into this as well.  I did get around it eventually.  My first thought is that some manipulation I did either in regards to moving the interfaces from ethernet to gigabitethernet in the ASA config or assigning access lists to interfaces via the access-groups command helped me get around that hang.  As you may know you HAVE to assign the access-list to an interface unless it's VPN assigned or something, to pull it over to PA config. I'm honestly not an ASA guru if you couldn't tell but I was able to get past this.  I have some work to do for a demo on the tool and will see if I can pinpoint further exactly what causes the hang and what allows you through.

L7 Applicator

Hi, please when you find something seems to stop working let us know through the email fwmigrate at paloaltonetwors dot com for further assistance.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!