Migration Tool 3.0.7 stuck at generating XML/SET Commands

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Migration Tool 3.0.7 stuck at generating XML/SET Commands

Hi,

currently i'm merging two physical systems into one physical device. The merging is working without errors, but if i want to generate the XML or SET commands the Migration Tool stucks at "Loading Shared Objects"

Web Server Logs

[Wed Jul 15 13:44:26.834615 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 1128] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for localhost:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Jul 15 13:44:26.877776 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 1128] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for localhost:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Jul 15 14:02:34.886676 2015] [:error] [pid 1893] [client 192.168.31.1:51383] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on boolean in /var/www/html/bin/OUTPUT.php on line 399, referer: https://192.168.31.128/

Anything else i can debug / do?

Thanks in advance

Andre

L7 Applicator

Re: Migration Tool 3.0.7 stuck at generating XML/SET Commands

Is related to the shared Address-Groups. Can you check exists any group without members? Have you checked by Duplicated Address and GRoups?

L1 Bithead

Your right, there are a few address and adress-group objects with duplicate names and sometimes different values, thanks.

So, the first step will be to normalize/correct the address-groups (by search &replace), the second step will be the "combine objects by name & value" for the adress groups, am i right? After those steps i'll be able to generate the config?!

Thanks in advance

L7 Applicator

Im not sure how you got duplicated address in the shared space :smileywink:

For me the procedure its always migrate under one vsys. If I have to migrate another config and merge with the same vsys I do. After that I  search by Duplicated by Name and Value (Using the filters in the objects ) then If they are duplicated we can do 2 things one is convert only the duplicated objects inside the vsys to have a unique object or maybe I have shared objects already and i want to check if there are duplicates between my vsys and the shared as well. To see that just change the combobox for the Vsys/DG to "ALL", then filter again by duplicated name and value. If you merge by name and value while the vsys is ALL the duplicated objects across your project will be converted as a shared and merged. After that if you want to move  ALL the objects to Shared just select them all from the bottom bar click on the shared button to convert into shared. Do it first for the address after that do the same with groups, services and groups.

Hope it helps !

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!