Migration Tool and PAN-OS 8.0

L0 Member

Migration Tool and PAN-OS 8.0

Hi Guys,

Any issues with connecting the Migration tool to a firewall running 8.0 code?

L7 Applicator

Re: Migration Tool and PAN-OS 8.0

It could be the cypher used in the SSL certificate. Have you changed or applied a new certificate to the Management interface?

L1 Bithead

I found connecting to it was fine, but writing to it using the API output would throw a lot of errors.

It seems that PA have used new tags in PANOS8 - you can (relatively speaking) easily export a running config from a PAN-OS8 device with a mock configuration of what you're after and identify the modified tags, then update the API requests as required and write to the PAN OS 8 device that way.

L0 Member

Hi,

Do we plan to support PAN-OS 8 with our migration tool? A customer found that some numbers are not up to date, for example number of address groups.

Do we have a ETA for Migration tool v4?

Thx

bump

L0 Member

I just bought a PA-820 and two PA-220 models for our network (and hot spares).  Trying to switch over from some Cisco ASA's.

I take it that I would have to wait for some version 4 of this tool to come out before I can make it work with the PAN 8 OS?  If so, maybe that should be mentioned on the main Migration Tool page before people like me waste time downloading and installing the VM and try to learn to use it.

L7 Applicator

Have you tried to just export the cofnig from the pa2xx and import it into the 8xx ?

L1 Bithead

Use a 7.1 base configuration as template for your migration. It should import to a PAN-OS 8.0 without issues and be converted to the new tags. At least, an old 7.1 config imports fine on my PA-220, running 8.1beta41, but I didn't try to commit as it would break a lot of stuff.

Regards

/Uffe

L0 Member

Hello to all, 

i have the question if someone has experience with converting NAT Rules from ScreenOS to Checkpoint with the PAN Migration tool? Is the direction from ScreenOS to Checkpoint possible with PAN Migration tool?

Many Thanks for Feedback.

Best Regards

L7 Applicator

Are you kidding right? Why don't you just use the Checkpoint Migration tool to do that? :-)

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!