Migration from CheckPoint R80

L2 Linker

Migration from CheckPoint R80

Hello

have you information of migration from CheckPoint R80 is supported. Or how migrate this configuration?

Tags (1)
L7 Applicator

Re: Migration from CheckPoint R80

Do you want to be added to the beta program? if yes I can share the tool today and the procedure to migrate R80. If you find any bug you will have to report to us and help us to fix it in order to improve the parser :) It's a win to win...

L2 Linker

Thank you very much, I would be happy to join the beta program :)
L7 Applicator

Send us please an email to fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com request access to the beta.

L1 Bithead

hi i have the same problem and need to migrate checkpoint R80 to paloalto 5220.

L2 Linker

send mail to fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com. They will send you the beta information.

I already made a migration from R80 to PAN.

L1 Bithead

thank you so much i send an email.

but can you describe me which files should i use with migration tool.

normally wit checkpoint R77.30 i used 

/var/opt/CPsuite-R77/fw1/database/

and didnt have problem with migration tool.

but with R80 where are the files that i need for migration tool ?

L2 Linker

To migrate since R80, you need access to CheckPoint Manager and execute API request to extract the security rules and nat rules. 

L1 Bithead

thanks.

do you have any documentation or web site that describe more detailed. or can you explain that API request process because i dont know checkpoint good enough.

L2 Linker

nop, send a mail to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com and request the info.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!