Migration tool Vsys migration

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Migration tool Vsys migration

Hi,

I am trying to migrate one particular vsys froma  5050 onto a 3060.

Can you please guide me on what the procedure is?

Can i import the 5050 config onto migration tool and export out only that particluar vsys configuration???
Please Advise!

Rds,

Bharath Murali

L7 Applicator

Re: Migration tool Vsys migration

Hi, 

There are many ways to achieve that.

1) you can upload the 5050 config in your pa3060 and by using cli commands like "load config partial" you can select the config from one vsys and tell where you want to place the content.  

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/70/pan-os/cli-gsg/use-the-cli/load-a-partial-configur...

2) You can Edit the pa5050 config with your text editor like notepadd++ and copy what you want to move and paste it into your pa3060 XML config. After that import the config again to your pa3060, load it and commit.

3) Migration Tool. Add your Pa3060 and Pa5050 as a Devices. Create a new project and add the pa5050 to your project. This will be your base config. Go to the red tab and click on "Api Output Manager" click on the button "Step 1" and generate all the atomic calls.

Now if you wan to send the Address from the vsys1 to your pa3060 to your vsys6 just edit the Api call for the address and in the Xpath change the vsys1 by vsys6. Select your device Pa3060 from the combo box and send the Api call by clicking on the button "step 2"

Tell me how it works please

Hi, Is there were any improvements since your last message? 

I have necessity to upload panorama config (with 2 templates and 6 vsys) to optimize it (convert objects to shared, remove duplicates and so on, sono changes in templates by now), but when I am about to drag&drop device-group to device-group's folder, I see that my device-group is transferred to shared and no new device group in OUTPUT config is created. So all my VSYSes goes to shared vsys, which is wrong. Thank you for advice in advance. 

live.PNG

BR, Sergey

L7 Applicator

Hi,

You should request access to Expedition beta from fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!