MigrationTool rule lists

L2 Linker

MigrationTool rule lists

I have version 3.3.10 up and running.  I have a project to migrate two PA 2020 into one PA 3020.  When I look at the Manage Policies (after double-clicking the project) and select All/All the gui doesnt' work correctly.  I have set to display 50 rules, yet the interface only shows the first 25, even though the lower right corner says Displaying 1 - 50 or 214.  Also, when I forward to page 2 of this listing, again the lower right corner says Displaying 51 - 100 of 214, but I only see the first 25 rules; nothing in the main window changes.

When I select only one firewall from the drop-down list (all/my_firewall), all works as expected.

Also, when All firewalls are selected, filtering doesn't work either.

Any clues as to what is wrong?  Anyone else seeing this behavior?

L7 Applicator

Re: MigrationTool rule lists

Can you upgrade to 3.3.12 and test it again? Thx

L2 Linker

Where do I download from?

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Updated through the tool to 3.3.12 and I have the same results. 

I'm want to use the migration tool to merge two PA 2020's into one PA 3020.  Here's what I'm doing:

1) I've created devices for my existing firewalls in the devices tab

2) I create a project and open it

3) On the tab, Import configurations from other vendors..., I double click my first firewall.  It imports and puts me on the Manage Policies tab.  There is only one firewall in the upper right corner dropdown.  All is good up to this point.

4) I go back to Import configurations tab and double click my second firewall.  It imports and puts me on the Manage Policies tab.  I now have two firewalls in the upper right corner dropdown and I'm automatically put on the firewall I just imported.  All is still good.

5) I select All in the upper right corner dropdown an my policies list window will now only show the first 25 (not the first 50 as is selected) and I'm unable to page through any of the rules - even though the controls seem to work, the view never changes.  Creating a filter at this point does not work - nothing is returned.

Am I doing something wrong?  Can you verify this behaviour?

Thanks for your reply.

L7 Applicator

Have you check if the vsys combo is binded to the correct vsys/devicegroup for the selected configuration?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!