Problems with objects, policies and overall configuration pushes via API

Announcements
Attention: Our Customer Support Portal (CSP) is currently experiencing intermittent login disruptions, and we are actively working towards a solution. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
L0 Member

Problems with objects, policies and overall configuration pushes via API

Hi,

Thanks for the awesome tool. I am having some problems with generating a config that my PA will take.

I got a brand new pair of 3020s and have done nothing other than configure HA in the pair and upgraded to the latest code. I am also running the most recent version of the migration tool. 

I am running into a few weird problems. 
I did clean-up the "unused objects" and then created new objects, and applied them to a rule. Problem is, the new rule still shows as "unused". Second, when I pull down the baseline from my new 3020, drag and drop my items from my the left pane, to the right pane and generate the XML and attempt to push through the API, the API calls that are generated are that of the baseline, rather than the configuration changes I have made in the tool. What am I doing wrong? 

For example, the standard default of interface 1 and 2 having virtual wire was there, but the tool was trying to repush that.
Also, the folders in the Source configurations [inputs] part of the folder are greyed out, should they be?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I feel like I am following the manual correctly.

Thanks

L0 Member

Re: Problems with objects, policies and overall configuration pushes via API

So, I figured out I wasn't pushing the "merge" button, however I cannot seem to get my policies to import. They do not show up on the API calls. Any ideas here?

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

Re: Problems with objects, policies and overall configuration pushes via API

Hi,

Seems is the first time you use the tool :-) My advise will be always to spend some time with the documentation and check the use cases at the end of it. There are some step-by-step examples to understand how the tool works.

After you clean the unused objects, if you create a new rule and add some new objects to that rule you have to go to Objects and in the middle of the bottom bar you will a button with a green ballon, click there to recalculate all the used objects again.

Hope that helps !!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!