ScreenOS migration

L2 Linker

ScreenOS migration

I have a screenos config file but the tool does not import the objects correctly.

I get this error in the log files

"Security RuleID is using Address x.x that is not defined in my Database"

The config file looks ok.  The interfaces do not get imported correctly.

I can see NAT and Security Policies populated.  Please is someone able to assist.  I am running migration tool version 3.0.8.

L7 Applicator

Re: ScreenOS migration

Hi,

If you want to share your configuration with us we can take a look. Send it to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com or copy and paste one of the objects the tool was not able to import to see the format. Cheers

L2 Linker

I have sent the file to the email address provided.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Seems in your configuration were added an empty space at the begining of each line. This was breaking the regular expressions we use to find the elements in the configuration. We have removed the first space and now the config its correct. Hope that helps.

L2 Linker

Yes that was the issue.  The space at the beginning of each line.

Thank you very much for your help.

L2 Linker

I still have an issue with the migration whereby all the static routes have not gone across within the Migration tool.

Is there a limit in terms of the number of static routes?

L7 Applicator

Hi,

The limitation by now is only routes with "gateway" will be imported, if the route only has the interface as a gateway those will not be imported. We will add this type of routes in 3.1.1

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!