Shared addresses and address groups do not show in the input section when creating the output

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Shared addresses and address groups do not show in the input section when creating the output

I am working on a migration of a Checkpoint configuration into Panorama. I want to make the Checkpoint address objects and address groups shared. I am able to select all of the address objects and address groups and make them shared. When i go to the creat output section, under the input side, I do not see any of my objects as being able to be moved to the output section. I do not have a drop down to changed to the shared vsys. 

essentially, when I make objects shared, i do not see them in the input section. 

Am I missing something? 

thanks in advance

Tags (1)
L7 Applicator

Re: Shared addresses and address groups do not show in the input section when creating the output

Hi,

When you have already imported a configuration into the tool from another vendor like Checkpoint the correct procedure to convert the objects to shared objects is by usign the drag and drop from the Output section (red tab). You have to select the address (drag) and drop into your Base configuration in the "shared" space. After you click on "MERGE" all the objects moved there will be transformed into shared.

This works with Address and groups and Services and groups by now.

The button to convert into a shared that is in the bottom bar its useful when your config has a Shared Vsys. In the Checkpoint config there wasn't Shared Vsys. (we will fix this in next release 3.3)

Hope that helps.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!