Unable to remove unused or duplicate objects

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Unable to remove unused or duplicate objects

I started a new project, imported a Panorama configuration that contains 4 device groups and many duplicated objects - all of which are Shared.

The tool seems to calculate the unused objects - many are displayed with the red dot, and the global summary page shows high counts of unused objects. But for some reason clicking the red button to remove unused objects has no effect. The screen spins for a second or two and that's it.

I also can't remove duplicated objects in this project. I've tried this:

Objects > Addresses, filter by 'Duplicated Value' -> 650 results

Select all of the results, click the Merge > By IP and Cidr button, I get the confirmation prompt, click Ok, but nothing happens. One other thing to note is that regardless of which merge option I choose, the confirmation asks me if I want to "merge all duplicated objects by name".

This is in the most recent version of the tool.

Thanks

Tags (1)
L7 Applicator

Re: Unable to remove unused or duplicate objects

Hi,

I think we can do a GoToMeeting session to see exactly what's going on here. The "merge all duplicated objects by name" its a typo, we will fix the text message.

As we said in other posts the tool cannot Merge duplicated objects that are in the shared. we can prevent this by migrating our configurations inside each Device Group (or in the same) and at the end by selecting the Device Group equal to All then we can Merge, this will merge the duplicated objects across all the Device Groups and convert them as a shared.

Tell me if tomorrow you will have time at some point. Regards

L3 Networker

That would be great, thanks! I could do a remote session any time between 12pm - 4pm EST.

So in regards to the duplicate objects issue, is there any workaround I could use now that all of the objects in Panorama are already in the shared state?

L7 Applicator

Hi,

We have fixed the issue when your objects are shared and you try to remove the unused using the red ballon from the bottom bar (under Objects). The fix has been added to 3.1.1

Thanks

L3 Networker

Thanks!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!