Using Migration tool for specific Vsys

L2 Linker

Using Migration tool for specific Vsys

Dear All,

We have 5200 device which has multi-vsys environment. I need to convert cisco config to PA and merge with only specific vsys.

I have merged with only base config which used to blank. I know that we can select the vsys from migration tool, but everytime taking the entire config and merging seems not a good practice for me. So please share your valuable inputs or if you ever had this scenrio and how you handle it.

with regards,

Ram

L7 Applicator

Re: Using Migration tool for specific Vsys

Hi, I will tell you to take a look to the documentation to understand how the command load config partial works, maybe you can just export the migration with a single vsys, load the config to your panorama and then just use the load config partial to bring parts from the configiguration from vsys1 to the candidate into the vsysX you want?

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/cli-gsg/use-the-cli/load-configurations/loa...

L2 Linker

Re: Using Migration tool for specific Vsys

Thanks Alestevez, I never know about this partial config load. I will configure it and come back if I have any queires on this.

with regards,

Ram

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!