Version 3.3 Released on February 10th 2016

L7 Applicator

Version 3.3 Released on February 10th 2016

Hi !!

Im really glad to comunitcate that 3.3 has been released.

Please go here for more information: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Migration-Tool-Articles/MigrationTool-3-3-Info-and-Guide/ta-p/7...

And post everything you want and help us to improve the tool by reporting any weird behavior, we love to hear from you!!

Thanks for participate in this awesome community !!

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Re: Version 3.3 Released on February 10th 2016

Great guys! Big release with lots of fixes. Will test it out asap.

L6 Presenter

I looked through the comments on the 3.2 post and am experiencing the same thing as one of the other commenters.  I'm trying to do an offline upgrade and I'm "Import bundle (offline)".  It's uploading then just goes to the home screen and is still saying I'm at 3.1.  I tried upgrading to 3.2 and that's doing the same thing.  

I've restarted the VM with no luck I'm still at 3.1

L7 Applicator

Hi,

sorry guys offline updates seems are a pain ...

Have you tried to import first a version 3.2 with the bundle and after that go for 3.3? You can find them here https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Migration-Tool-Articles/Off-line-Updates-Files/ta-p/61328

L6 Presenter

@alestevez unfrotunately yes I tried going from 3.1 to 3.2 alreayd and get the same "jump to the home screen" as when trying 3.3.

The VM MT has access to the internet or at least it should.  It says it doesn't, but I can't figure out why.  There's nothing in my firewall logs that says anything about the MT trying to talk out.

L6 Presenter

@alestevez Although I had no logs what-so-ever in my 5060 I got into the MT via CLI just attempted to do a ping, at that time I saw the ping deny.  So I made a few tweaks to some rules and I was now able to successfully upgrade to 3.3.  There's definitely something up with the offline upgrade.  As well as the "upgrade" functionality.  It's just odd that the button was grayed out, and saying that it had no Inet connectivity, but I didn't have any logs in my firewall from the MT trying to talk out.  So I wonder how the tool was able to make that analysis w/o generating some type of a log in the firewall.

L7 Applicator

Hi

the tool tries to connect to SSL to conversionupdates.paloaltonetworks.com the app-id you have to expect in paloalto is paloalto-updates. If the tool cannot do the tcp connection to the ssl it will go to gray... Can you check any log to 

L7 Applicator

Question. Have you UNZIP the bundle file before upload it into the tool???

L6 Presenter

No, I didn't perform an unzip when I tried the offline upgrade

L7 Applicator

Then we now why is not working lol, please unzip before import
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!