L0 Member

transfered licenses

Hi folks,

I am planning to transfer licenses from an existing PA-500 to a new one as part of RMA process.

However i am planning to do the license transfer couple of days in advance from the actual physical change in order to update the new FW as i will have limited time at the change site.

Would there be any impact on the existing FW running for the next few days with its licenses transfered to another box?

The only logical thing i would think about would be that it will not be able to receive updates. Any other operational issue that might arise?

Thanks

/Karim

Highlighted
L0 Member

Re: transfered licenses

Looks like i found my answer checking other posts here

Note: If a license expires prior to the transfer, it will be expired on the replacement. The defective device will be given licenses valid for 30 days from the date of transfer regardless of the status of the license before the transfer. A previously expired license will be valid for 30 days from transfer on the defective unit.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!