API to trigger MineMeld Miner refresh

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

API to trigger MineMeld Miner refresh

L1 Bithead

Is anyone aware of a way to remotely trigger a Minemeld Miner refresh.

Does MineMeld have it's own API?

I'm familiar with using PA API and Dynamic Address Groups for instant addititions of IPs. This is for a usecase where EDLs are used and we'd like to trigger MineMeld and then PA refreshes. I can refresh the PA EDL via API; however, I'm not sure how to trigger a refresh on the MineMeld Miner.

As a workarround for now, I may just adjust the Miner prototype update frequency to something small. No more than a few minutes and then just delay the PA refresh until outside the Miner refresh interval I go with.

With all of that said, I'm curious whether MineMeld has it's own API wherein I can trigger events such as a miner refresh remotely.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi @PA-User,

yes MineMeld does have its own API.

To trigger a miner refresh you can use the following entryPoint

<MineMeld URL>/status/<nodename>/hup

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi @PA-User,

yes MineMeld does have its own API.

To trigger a miner refresh you can use the following entryPoint

<MineMeld URL>/status/<nodename>/hup

xhoms,

Thanks! Getting closer.

Looks like that works well once authenticated; however, is there a way to generate an API key to trigger these from a remote scripting platform?

I'm afraid MineMeld's API only supports basic auth at this time. You know you can create additional system accounts, right?

Yep,

Not a problem, I'll setup an API account and include the crediantials in my curl request. This is certainly workable. Thanks for all your help!

Does the minemeld expose an API that can be used to control overall configuration of minemeld? 

For example:

An API that could be used to create miner, process, output etc from remote location. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!