L2 Linker

Re: Autofocus MineMeld - how to access output node that requires authorisation

We are trying to get our firewalls to work with Minemeld using Autofocus to load into the firewall via EDLs both URLs and IP lists.  All is configured corretly on the AutoFocus Mimemeld including the username and password and tag for the feeder and this tag is also configured in the output processor.  We do not have an Admin user configured (just the Feed username and password).

The problem is the firewall in my opinion:  

We have the Godaddy cert installed and imported as a 'CA' per the AutoFocus Minemeld techncial documentation (https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/autofocus/autofocus/autofocus_admin_guide/autofocus-a... We have the username and password corectedly installed with the cert in the EDL object.  However we get URL errors when hit the "test" button and cannot pull down the Minemeld list.  We tried re-configuring multipe times to make sure we did not mistype the username and password. We do not see any errors in the firewall system log.  Software is PAN-OS 8.0.5.

Any ideas?   

Thank you,  Rich (rschunk@paloaltonetworks.com)

L2 Linker

After a bit of testing this is what I have found:

- setting the Minemeld output processor tag to anonymous allows any access whether the EDL is configured with or w/o client authentication.

- setting the Minemeld output processor tag to any results in firewall EDL failure with  a URL access error. Client authentication in EDL profile is correct (there is not much to confgure...), wget shows Minemeld rejecting the request with a 401.

- setting the Minemeld output processor to a specic tag mapped to a spefifc Feed user also fails.  Ciient authentication is corectly configured in the EDL object, wget shows Minemeld rejecting the request with a 401.

My testing is with a standalone Minemeld (since I can not make edits to the SE demo system) but the customer Minemeld is integrated into AutoFocus per my previous message.  I am having the customer change to anonymous for now but this is not what they want to do for production.

Rich

L5 Sessionator

@rschunk : Are you using the EDL object anywhere in the PANOS configuration? The device will fail to fetch the feed if you're not using it. Even the "test" button reports failure which is confusing.

L2 Linker

Yes, the EDL is assigned to a security rule and committed in the firewall.

L5 Sessionator

@rschunk, could you, please, dig into the ms.log file in the PANOS device (tail follow yes mp-log ms.log while clicking on the "test" button) and into the MM's web server ( minemeld-web.log ) ?

L2 Linker

At the moment I can do a test URL and everything works with anoynomous as the setting in Minemeld.  What is not working is populating the EDLs.  I do not see any errors in the tail log, just no update to the firewall.

All EDLs are in a security rule and committed. 

Prefer to see everything working with no anoynomous before trying true authentication again.

If you want to jump on a conference bridge we can look at this.  Just let me now.  Thanks,  Rich

L7 Applicator

Hi @rschunk,

do you still have this issue?

could you check the article here ? https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Connecting-PAN-OS-to-MineMeld-using-External-...

Thanks,

luigi

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I ran into this issue with all the correct parameters set and also had a security rule defined to reference the EDL. Though the 'Test Source URL' link returned an error, clicking on the 'List Entries And Exceptions' Tab, all the entries were there, so might be worth checking that as well. I am running 8.0.12.

In addition you can also run 'show running security-policy <policy_name>' to validate if the entries have populated.

L7 Applicator

@zmacharia_PA is correct, the "Test Source URL" button should not be trusted.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!