Autofocus MineMeld - how to access output node that requires authorisation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Autofocus MineMeld - how to access output node that requires authorisation

L2 Linker

I need to create O365 IP/URL EDLs but when I try to access the output nodes I get "Unauthorised" message unless I sign into AutoFocus in the browser. Needless to say I cannot do the same on a firewall. How do I allow anonymous connections to a feed in Autofocus MineMeld or use authentication when configuring EDL on a firewall? 

19 REPLIES 19

At the moment I can do a test URL and everything works with anoynomous as the setting in Minemeld.  What is not working is populating the EDLs.  I do not see any errors in the tail log, just no update to the firewall.

All EDLs are in a security rule and committed. 

Prefer to see everything working with no anoynomous before trying true authentication again.

If you want to jump on a conference bridge we can look at this.  Just let me now.  Thanks,  Rich

Hi @rschunk,

do you still have this issue?

could you check the article here ? https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Connecting-PAN-OS-to-MineMeld-using-External-...

Thanks,

luigi

I ran into this issue with all the correct parameters set and also had a security rule defined to reference the EDL. Though the 'Test Source URL' link returned an error, clicking on the 'List Entries And Exceptions' Tab, all the entries were there, so might be worth checking that as well. I am running 8.0.12.

In addition you can also run 'show running security-policy <policy_name>' to validate if the entries have populated.

@zmacharia_PA is correct, the "Test Source URL" button should not be trusted.

Add below & restart minemeld servcie.

$ sudo -u minemeld sh -c 'echo "FEEDS_AUTH_ENABLED: True" > /opt/minemeld/local/config/api/30-feeds-auth.yml'

• 19 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!