Creating Minemeld IPv4 Lists

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Creating Minemeld IPv4 Lists

L1 Bithead

I'm a newbie with Minemeld and Autofocus.

I'm looking to create a Minemeld Miner that will maintain IPv4 Whitelist based on an AWS Site that is load balancing and/or using DNS Round Robin.

The CDN that we're pulling data from lives in AWS and IP Address Resolution is constantly changing (see api.ebass-emmi.eu).

My plan is to create a External Dynamic List (EDL) based Policy Rule and the EDL Object will be feed from this Minemeld Miner.

Many Thank for the assist!

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @peter.moscatelli,

I think this question is more suited in the MineMeld discussions forum (moving it there).

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L5 Sessionator

Hi @peter.moscatelli,

you might want to take a look to the project https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/fqdn-service

It can genererate an IPv4/IPv6 feed out of FQDN's hosted in AWS.

The generated feed can be consumed directly by the PANOS devices or by a SimpleJSON MineMeld miner

Thanks Kiwi!

Thanks for the response!

So, I was under the impression that I could build this tool/functionality within Minemeld (Miner) itself and the have my Firewalls consume the IPv4 data from Miner URL?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!