EDL file problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

EDL file problem

L2 Linker

Hello -

I have created an EDL in PANOS 8.0.0 using a feed from Minemeld 0.9.40, when I commit I receive the following message:

EDL(vsys1/Skype-IPv4 ip) Downloaded file is not a text file.

Does anyone know how to correct the error ?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Hello @lmori -

I have had confirmation that a device on the same network as the firewall management interface can access the feed via a browser and can see the IP list without any block pages being displayed.

Are there any test commands that can be run from the firewall, is it possible to see the contents of the file that is being downloaded ?

Thanks.

Hello @lmori

I have been able to populate the EDL object from other web servers so I believe I must have encountered the bug you referred to in your first reply...even though I was unable to find any error messages in the log file.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind Regards, paul_w

Hi All,

I am facing a strange EDL issue on my firewalls. I have various models of PAN and they all are on 8.0.7+ versions.

What happens?

- EDL works fine without any issues, suddenly EDL stops working. Access to all IP addresses inside that specific EDL breaks.

- I checked the EDL list on CLI with following command, and I see all entries listed under the EDL:

requesst system external-list show type ip name XXXXX

Workaround - I manually refresh the EDL. And once successfully completed, everything starts working.

Suspected issue -

PAN-100244 - Seen on PAN-OS 8.1.4, and fixed on PAN-OS 8.1.5.

I am noticing this issue on PAN-OS 8.0.7 as well, is this something related to OS issue? Is there any permanent fix for this issue? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raghav

Hi @RbadigerCY,

this seems something related to PAN-OS. Do you have a ticket for this?

Luigi

Yes, this is a bug related to PAn-OS 8.1.4, which is okay for me. However I have other PAN devices whihc are running on other OS, they are also having same issues.

Regards,

Raghav

• 19 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!