Enable MS Teams through minemeld

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Enable MS Teams through minemeld

L2 Linker

Hi,

When trying to use Minemeld to enable access to Office365 MS Teams brakes. This is because url api.teams.skype.com is not in the url list minemeld pulls. Instelad this url is being categorized as 'internet-communications-and-telephony' by panos and that category is blocked in the url filter. Also, we have other url categories we´ve manually created to disable ssl decryptions for some sites. This also becomes a problem as Panos then identifies these sites as belonging not to minemelds EDL but the other list. In which order is the different URL category list processed? Nayway, what is the best way to manage this? Can I manually add an url to minemeld?

Thanks,

Mikael

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hi @mgusta,

the *.teams.skype.com is included in the new list of endpoints published by MSFT with the new API (still in beta).

We will release a new version of MM by the end of the week with support for the new API.

luigi

Ok, so is that a file I download once availiable and append (or replace?) in minemeld? Thanks

Hi @mgusta,

how did you install MineMeld?

luigi

I deployed the https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/trusty/current/trusty-server-cloudimg-amd64.ova on one esxi host and then

installed the MineMeld cloud-init ISO. Then I imported the config: https://paloaltonetworks.app.box.com/s/4ubmkgrq72a8mdd24j733ddqdgbkyvv4 

//Mikael

You should automatically receive the update, you will just need to add the new Miners to the config once the update has been rolled out. More details will be provided in the release notes.

Thanks,

luigi

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!