Error in minemeld on U16.04 from fresh ansible install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error in minemeld on U16.04 from fresh ansible install

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have a new vm on U16.04 and have installed the latest minemeld using the minemeld-ansible.

Once all setup and running it was fine but about 20 mins later where I did nothing as I left my desk I came back to 

"ERROR RETRIEVING MINEMELD METRICS: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR"

Alerts on the screen 3 times.

I have tried restarting the service and completely restarting the vm but that has not resolved the errors. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Something looks wrong with your collectd config. The file /etc/collectd/collectd.conf should look similar to this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PaloAltoNetworks/minemeld-ansible/master/roles/minemeld/templates/...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Please, could you share the API Logs file? You can download it from the Webui System > API > Logs

Hi,

Attached are the logs, I have removed any identifiying data.

Alan

Hi @WetaSystems,

it seem that collectd is not running. Could you try with "sudo systemctl start collectd"  from the shell?

Thanks,

luigi

Hey,

I checked at it had been running since its last reboot. about 3 days 

● collectd.service - Statistics collection and monitoring daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/collectd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Fri 2018-06-29 13:46:41 NZST; 3 days ago
Docs: man:collectd(1)
man:collectd.conf(5)
https://collectd.org
Process: 1678 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c while [ "`hostname`" = "localhost" ]; do sleep 60; done (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 1591 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/collectd -t (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1701 (collectd)
CGroup: /system.slice/collectd.service
└─1701 /usr/sbin/collectd

I tried to restart the service just to see if that would help and got this error

Jul 03 07:49:16 inf-pv-mm02 collectd[6610]: write_graphite plugin: send to graphite-receiver.wetafx.co.nz:2003 (tcp) failed with status -1 (Broken pipe)
Jul 03 07:49:16 inf-pv-mm02 collectd[6610]: Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with status -1.
Jul 03 07:49:16 inf-pv-mm02 collectd[6610]: Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Some write plugin is back to normal operation. `write' succeeded.

I then had to do a full reboot of the machine to get it running again. 

But I still get the same 3 errors on the screen saying internal server error

Something looks wrong with your collectd config. The file /etc/collectd/collectd.conf should look similar to this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PaloAltoNetworks/minemeld-ansible/master/roles/minemeld/templates/...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!