Firewall receiving a HTTP 401 error when trying to access the Minemeld server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firewall receiving a HTTP 401 error when trying to access the Minemeld server

L1 Bithead

Hi All, 

I've configured an external dynamic access list with the relevant account username/password to reach our minemeld server. When I test the connection however using 'test source url' in the external dynamic list configuration, this fails with a URL access error. 

On the minemeld server log:

127.0.0.1 - - [26/Sep/2019:14:25:45 +0100] "GET /feeds/o365-any-any-url-feed HTTP/1.0" 401 12 "-" "curl/7.60.0"

127.0.0.1 - - [26/Sep/2019:14:26:03 +0100] "GET /feeds/o365-any-any-ipv4-feed HTTP/1.0" 401 12 "-" "curl/7.60.0"

So the request is hitting the minemeld server, and I've also configured account on the firewall with the feed user account.  I've imported the certificate as required in this guide:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Connecting-PAN-OS-to-MineMeld-using-External-...

Can anyone help with the URL access issue?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Also, just to add, after doing a tcpdump on the minemeld server I can see the TLS handshake completes with the firewall - with application data being sent. However, within the same second the firewall sends a FIN packet. 

Please let me know if you can help!

cert-error.jpg

Turns out I'm getting the above certificate error, but I followed the guide exactly here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Connecting-PAN-OS-to-MineMeld-using-External-...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!