How to Change network address of running MineMeld server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to Change network address of running MineMeld server

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I have a MineMeld server working perfectly with different nodes (O365, Zeus, etc). It has an IP address like: 192.168.1.xxx but now I want to change to a different VLAN ex: 192.168.99.xxx

So what is the process to change this correctly to work again with the new IP? I tried to change the IP in /etc/network/interfaces but then the minemeld services didn't start correctly.

minemeld-engine FATAL

minemeld-traced FATAL

So I think that is more tricky than I though and I am missing some additional configuration. Perhaps something about rabbitmq? I saw that this service didn't start with the new IP.

PS: If I put again the 192.168.1.xxx it works...

Thank you all.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

OP might still need help, but I figured mine out.  Thank you to lmori for the tip about rabbitmq.  After going down a bit of a *ahem* rabbit hole in terms of figuring out why that wasn't starting, I found that I had an entry in /etc/hosts that had the server's old IP address:

<old IP address> hostname.domain.com hostname

I just updated this entry in /etc/hosts...

<new IP address> hostname.domain.com hostname

...and rebooted the server.

MineMeld is now working!

username@hostname:~$ sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf status
[sudo] password for username:

minemeld-engine                  RUNNING   pid 1742, uptime 0:14:13
minemeld-supervisord-listener    RUNNING   pid 1741, uptime 0:14:13
minemeld-traced                  RUNNING   pid 1743, uptime 0:14:13
minemeld-web                     RUNNING   pid 1744, uptime 0:14:13

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hi @aitorms,

this is definitely possible. If rabbitmq doesn't start, engine and traced won't start as well. So we should find the reason rabbitmq is not starting. Could you check the log files in /var/log/rabbitmq for errors?

Thanks,

luigi

Hi Luigi, @lmori

Here I attach you some logs about minemeld-engine and rabbitmq. I can't see anything that helps me to find out a solution.

At the moment I put it again the first IP address because it is running in a production environment. I think that I have to change the IP address or other parameters in different conf files (not only in /etc/network/interfaces).

Did anyone do this? Thanks.

Hi,

Looks like you have a "socket error - Connection refused" in your minemeld-engine.log

Maybe you have IPtables / UFW rules based on the IP address... or maybe a static entry somewhere in the nginx configuration.

I'm trying to find myself why a brand new clean installation is not working but in your case it seems to be a good start to look at.

Hope that helps.

R.

I am having the exact same issue as the OP. I changed the MineMeld server's IP address and now the MineMeld engine won't run.

username@hostname:~$ sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf status
minemeld-engine                  FATAL     Exited too quickly (process log may have details)
minemeld-supervisord-listener    RUNNING   pid 1696, uptime 0:30:17
minemeld-traced                  FATAL     Exited too quickly (process log may have details)
minemeld-web                     RUNNING   pid 1699, uptime 0:30:17

I'm also seeing socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused in the engine logs.

I installed MineMeld on Ubuntu 16.04 using the MineMeld Ansible Playbook. I don't have iptables rules configured (well, I do, but they are wide open):

username@hostname:~$ sudo iptables -S

-P INPUT ACCEPT
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT ACCEPT

If anything is configured in a configuration file somewhere to use the server's old IP address, it is something that was done by the ansible playbook installation, not something that I've done.

OP might still need help, but I figured mine out.  Thank you to lmori for the tip about rabbitmq.  After going down a bit of a *ahem* rabbit hole in terms of figuring out why that wasn't starting, I found that I had an entry in /etc/hosts that had the server's old IP address:

<old IP address> hostname.domain.com hostname

I just updated this entry in /etc/hosts...

<new IP address> hostname.domain.com hostname

...and rebooted the server.

MineMeld is now working!

[sudo] password for username:

minemeld-engine                  RUNNING   pid 1742, uptime 0:14:13
minemeld-supervisord-listener    RUNNING   pid 1741, uptime 0:14:13
minemeld-traced                  RUNNING   pid 1743, uptime 0:14:13
minemeld-web                     RUNNING   pid 1744, uptime 0:14:13

Thank you @scottsander! I missed out to check this file and it was the problem.

So to change your running Minemeld network address you have to change it on:

1. /etc/hosts
  2. /etc/network/interfaces
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!