Minemeld Feed Password OR api security

L4 Transporter

Re: Minemeld Feed Password OR api security

I see below errors in log

----------------------------

Server certificate authentication failed for EDL name<TEST-PASS> ip/fqdn<https://abc.com/feeds/TEST-HC-PASS> Common name of
the server certificate <abc.com> reason(26)<unsupported certificate purpose>
2018-02-14 04:00:29.351 -0800 Error: ebl_fetch_url_from_remote_libcurl(pan_cfg_ebl.c:1783): curl_easy_perform failed, Err(60):Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates
2018-02-14 04:00:29.352 -0800 Error: ebl_fetch_url_from_remote_libcurl(pan_cfg_ebl.c:1865): EDL entry(0x1d24000, 0xf0b3400, 0x30fe5600 vsys1/TEST-PASS, 1, 1 ip) Cert validation failed for EDL name:TEST-HC-PASS

L5 Sessionator

@raji_toor,

you might have forgotten to add the SAN section in the certificate (HostName) to have the same value as the CN.  Almost all SSL Client libraries (PANOS EDL client between them) validate the DNS hostname against the SAN section instead of the CN.

(as per RFC 6125, published in '2011 the validator must check SAN first, and if SAN exists, then CN should not be checked)

2018-02-15_08-35-22.png

L4 Transporter

@xhoms I added the Host Name and Ip fields but it still doesn't work. However i noticed below message in system logs.

event id: tls-edl-auth-failure

Reason: "unsupported certificate purpose"

L4 Transporter

@xhoms Thanks for pointing out to certs. It was the way CA had been generated was causing the issue.

L2 Linker

i created an empty file called 30-feeds-auth.yml and then used that command and it said 'command not found'

is there another step? 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!