Minemeld Installation OVA + ISO : LiveCD or removable?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Minemeld Installation OVA + ISO : LiveCD or removable?

L0 Member

Hi everyone,

I want to install Minemeld following the official tutorial [1] that uses an Ubuntu OVA + MineMeld ISO that installs the software during the first boot. My question is if that ISO can be removed after first boot and the consecuent installation, or it's a LiveCD that needs to be plugged in all time. Something like the following process:

Import OVA - Add ISO - Boot the machine - Auto install - PowerOff - Remove ISO - Power On - Continue working with Minemeld full operative

[1] https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Running-MineMeld-on-VMWare-desktop/ta-p/72038

Thanks in advice!

Guille

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

As I'm already checking, when I try to download the cloud-init ISO (Step 2), I get an Access Denied Error, while the download of the cloud OVA (Step 1), has been successfull. Anyone has idea about that?

Thanks again for the help.

Error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</RequestId>
<HostId>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
</HostId>
</Error>

I'm getting the same error. Is there any solution for this?

I have the same issue! 

The OVA and ISO are now deprecated, please use the following instructions to install on 16.04: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Manually-install-MineMeld-on-Ubuntu-Server-16...

Or better use the docker image at jtschichold/minemeld

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!