Minemeld no webpage anymore

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Minemeld no webpage anymore

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have installed Minemeld on a Ubuntu 14.4 virtual machine more than a month ago. All worked well, updates, webpage and all.

Today I noticed there is no webpage anymore to login to. Ping resolves so network seems ok.

I have restarted the VM and tried to update Minemeld to version 0.9.40 but that version was allready installed.

Tried to start the services, but they seem to stop after a while,

log shows: INFO gave up: minemeld-engine etnered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

I hope someone can help.

Regards,

Wilfred de Groot

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@WilfredXL,

MineMeld questions are usually best asked on the MineMeld forum so that Imori can look at them; but we can tag him here and see if he can help @lmori

Outside of that simply because we have no idea what your box looks like and trying to troubleshoot why exactly this is faling to start the minemeld-engine is difficult without direct access to the box; I would suggest that you simply rebuild the VM and then restore your MineMeld configuration. Unless you have an unusually complex MineMeld configuration or you haven't backed up the Node and Prototypes this would probably be the easiest solution.

L7 Applicator

Hi @WilfredXL,

if you don't see the login screen at all you should look into the nginx config. Did you change anything in it ?

luigi

No, didn't change a thing.

@BPry, thanks for your quick reply.
Rebuild the VM and install Minemeld might be the easiest solution, but I would like to know what exactly went wrong and how I can prevent this in the future.

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

Removed Minemeld and installed again.

Web UI is ok now, imported config, and all is functioning as it should.

Thkx

Hi @WilfredXL,

do you still have the old instance ? could you send me the minemeld-engine.log and minemeld-web.log files at lmori@paloaltonetworks.com ? For root cause analysis.

luigi

Hi Luigi,

No old instances or old logs left.

Wilfred

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!