Minemeld not pulling low and medium confidence feeds?

L7 Applicator

Re: Minemeld not pulling low and medium confidence feeds?

Hi @BobHarrison,

the inboundfeecmc and inboundfeedhc are empty because all the Miners feeding those output nodes produce High Confidence indicators. 

luigi

L2 Linker

Thanks, Luigi, how do I fix that? Or is that just how it operates? 

L7 Applicator

Hi @BobHarrison,

this is expected:

- in your configuration all the Miners attached to the inboundaggregator feeding inboundfeedmc and inboundfeedlc are producing only High Confidence indicators

- as High Confidence indicators are collected per design only by inboundfeedhc, inboundfeedmc and inboundfeedlc are left empty

When you will attach more Miners to inboundfeedaggregator, you could see inboundfeedmc and inboundfeedlc populated if the new Miners produce also medium confidence and low confidence indicators.

L2 Linker

So I should just leave it this way? 

L7 Applicator

Yes, it's working as expected.

L2 Linker

Thank you! One last question as you obviously know minemeld very well: how do i upgrade the server? Is there a way to do it from the web gui? I haven't been able to find the menu if that is an option. 

thanks again for all your help, Luigi! 

L7 Applicator

Hi @BobHarrison,

MineMeld has an auto-update mechanism in place, you can disable it and run it manually following this article here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Updating-MineMeld/ta-p/72151

Which version of MM are you running ? You can check it by clicking on MINEMELD on the WebUI

luigi

L2 Linker

9.30. OK, as long as it's auto-updating, I'm not worried.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!