Office 365 MineMeld Miner Will Need Updating

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Office 365 MineMeld Miner Will Need Updating

L3 Networker

Microsoft has announced a change to their Office 365 address and url documentation that I believe will need to be taken into account on the O365 miner in MM.

https://myitforum.com/microsoft-phasing-out-office-365-urls-and-ip-address-ranges-resource-on-octobe...

Basically, they are phasing out the old documentation page, which I believe the miner uses today, and phasing in a REST based API for getting updates to this data.

Does anyone know if the authors of the current miner have plans to take this into account?

Thanks!

-Tim

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @Tim_Grossner,

good news! we already introduced the Miner for the new API in the 0.9.48!

Bad news is that MSFT has changed the API some days ago, we will release an update today to support these changes.

Thanks!

luigi

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Hi @Tim_Grossner,

good news! we already introduced the Miner for the new API in the 0.9.48!

Bad news is that MSFT has changed the API some days ago, we will release an update today to support these changes.

Thanks!

luigi

Sorry, one quick followup question - Can I add the new api based miner, say off of prototype o365-api.worldwide-any, and have it input into the existing office365 ipv6/ipv4/url aggregators? Seems likely, but I just wanted to be sure.

@Tim_Grossner,

yes, you can. Aggreagators will remove all duplicated indicators.

Worked great in the lab. 

Thanks again!

Hi, is there a new API miner for MS Teams? I upgraded to 0.9.50 but don't see one. Thanks!

Hi @alterioc,

I'm afraid the new API does not provide a method to extract the indicators for just the Teams application.

In the following page https://support.office.com/en-us/article/managing-office-365-endpoints-99cab9d4-ef59-4207-9f2b-3728e... you'll find details for the new API.

It is stated there that ... Valid items are Common,Exchange,SharePoint,Skype ... No specific ServiceArea for MS Teams

Hi Xhoms,

As per the following url both Skype and Teams are listed with the same service area display name. Hence can I use the same prototype o365-api.worldwide-skype for teams as well?

https://endpoints.office.com/endpoints/worldwide

Thanks in advance,

Rahul

Hi @RahulBritto,

worldwide-skype retrives worldwide endpoint for Skype service area that includes both skype and teams.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!