Problems with CentOs 7 and MM 0.9.52

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problems with CentOs 7 and MM 0.9.52

L4 Transporter

Hi guys,

I used to run standalone MM 0.9.50 with CentOS 7, perfectly. Last week I updated MM to 0.9.52 with the help of @lmori and the proccess was completed with success. See ( https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/Updating-MineMeld-from-0-9-50-to-the-lates... ).

However since the upload my MM doesn't work the same way. On my Dashboard is visible that my miner works fine, more than 90K indicators, but almost none of them ara available, less than 1K in the outputs (see figure below).

Captura_Minemeld_0_9_52_Dashboard.PNG

If we detailed the proccess, we see that the status of many nodes is "stopped". The number of indicators forwarded by the miners is high.

Captura_Minemeld_0_9_52_Nodes.PNG

The number of indicators forwarded by the aggregators is almost the same.

Captura_Minemeld_0_9_52_Nodes2.PNG

But the number of indicators available by the outputs is extrmely low.

Captura_Minemeld_0_9_52_Nodes3.PNG

Has anybody experienced something similar? How you dealed with the problem?

Best Regards.

40 REPLIES 40

Hi @lmori ,

I'm dealing with a problem related to sqlite, as shown below:

Captura_minemeld-web_log_erro_sqlite.PNG

Do you have any idea why I'm getting it? How do I fix/workaround it?

Best regards

While that is a good tip I am not an Ansible/Git expert and have no idea where the file is to even comment them out.  If there was anyway I could use Ubuntu I'd drop CentOS in a heartbeat because it just doesn't work.

Thank you

Hi @StephenBradley 

minemeld-ansible/roles/minemeld/tasks/CentOS-7-post.yml

Regards

I found the place to comment out the firewall stuff and Minemeld installs and starts now but now I'm getting a bad gateway error for almost every command I try to click on in the GUI.

Hi @StephenBradley 

That's what I said in previous posts. I already asked @lmori , but I got no answer.

Please read this post https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/Problems-with-CentOs-7-and-MM-0-9-52/m-p/2...

That's where I'm stucked, and probably you too.

Best regards

No, mine started up and I have the login screen.  As soon as I enter admin/minemeld it throws the red block error bad gateway up in the right hand corner.

Ubuntu looks better and better for this.

Hi @StephenBradley 

I'm getting the same error - Bad Gateway. The link that I told you to read is related to it. Those lines are from the "minemeld-web.log" file.

Best regards

Hi @StephenBradley 

I think I found the way to resolve the problem. Execute the folowing:

ln -s /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so /usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/

Let me know if it works.

Best regards

Hi @lmori 

How can I work around a problem related with "Error reading last checkpoint"? I'm getting the following in my "minemeld-engine.log"

Captura_minemeld-engine_log_.png

My MM engine is restarting continously. I even changed the config to the default one (few nodes - spamhaus etc.) but I'm getting the same behaviour. Should I delete all ".chpk" files in "/opt/minemeld/local/data/" and restart the engine?

Regards

That did it!!

Working on comparing it to my 0.9.52 Ubuntu version now which I am using a temp production.

Thank you

Hi guys

this problem started when I was trying to update to 0.9.52 version, but took so long that I finally completed the process with 0.9.60 version. To solve the problem with 0.9.60 version, you should execute the folowing, after the known basic steps:

ln -s /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so /usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/

This solve the problem of getting "Bad Gateway" message in MM WebGUI.

Best regards

• 40 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!