Reloading Config: Internal Server Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Reloading Config: Internal Server Error

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

So I just installed minemeld this morning so bare with me as I don't really have everything down yet. The issue that I currently ran into is that when I go under the Config tab I immediately receive an "Error Reloading Config: Internal Server Error" and it says that there is No data available in the table. I'm trying to add our own blocklist as a node, however when I go to add it (Give it a name, select the Prototype that I setup for the blacklist we already had, leave INPUTS empty and Output enabled) the OK button never actually works and always stays grayed out.  Is there a log file or something that will give me some information on what is going on? 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

OK when you run this:

sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf stop all

sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf start all

Does everything fire up correctly after that?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L7 Applicator

I think the engine is not running.

Could you give the following command and attach the output ?

sudo service minemeld stop
sudo service minemeld start
sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf status

minemeld-engine RUNNING pid 56625, uptime 0:01:01
minemeld-traced RUNNING pid 56626, uptime 0:01:01
minemeld-web RUNNING pid 56627, uptime 0:01:01

I just checked and the problem still persists. 

Could you check /opt/minemeld/log/minemeld-web.log contents and look for an ERROR string ?

Thanks.

I don't see anything in the output that says ERROR. I've attached a screenshot of the actual error. 

Run this:

sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf status | awk '{print $4}' | awk -F \, '{print $1}'

Get the pids then see if they are all running:

ps aux | grep PIDNUMBERFROMCOMMAND1 | grep -v grep

They all appear to be running

\bprya@vpro-panmm-01:~$ ps aux | grep 56625 | grep -v grep
minemeld  56625  0.0  1.0 216048 22212 ?        Sl   12:13   0:04 /opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.22/bin/python /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/mm-run /opt/minemeld/local/config
\bprya@vpro-panmm-01:~$ ps aux | grep 56626 | grep -v grep
minemeld  56626  0.0  1.3 232640 27304 ?        Sl   12:13   0:00 /opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.22/bin/python /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/mm-traced /opt/minemeld/local/config/traced.yml
\bprya@vpro-panmm-01:~$ ps aux | grep 56627 | grep -v grep
minemeld  56627  0.0  0.9  55980 19904 ?        S    12:13   0:02 /opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.22/bin/python /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/gunicorn -w 1 -b 127.0.0.1:5000 --access-logfile - --error-logfile - -k gevent minemeld.flask:app

OK when you run this:

sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf stop all

sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf start all

Does everything fire up correctly after that?

All three started correctly and is still giving the same error. 

Sorry, I knew I should have had my normal amount of coffee today. There's this nice little load button that I wasn't pressing; once I pushed that I was able to make the changes that I needed to.

Is it friday yet 🙂

Glad it worked at the end, but clicking the LOAD button usually is not needed. LOAD button is used to reload the committed-config into memory as candidate config, i.e. to force a resync between candidate and committed config.

@BPry found the issue, a logic error during initialization after first install. Fixed in 0.9.24

Thanks for reporting it !

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!