Running MineMeld on VMWare desktop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Running MineMeld on VMWare desktop

L1 Bithead

I have set up the trusty server and the minemeld iso however I am unable to login to the ubuntu shell with the provided default username and password.

any thoughts?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

@haigroup if you use the OVA here https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/minemeld-dist/0_9/minemeld-vm-0.9.5.ova you don't need the ISO. Just load the MM OVA on VMWare Workstation/Dekstop and launch it.

View solution in original post

thank you, I will give that a shot now.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

L3 Networker

Did you try:

Username: ubuntu

Password: rsplizardspock

Please be aware of the tastatur layout.

yes, I have tried that many times.

I feel as though I have done something wrong in the setup but i have deleted and retried the setup verbatim about 3 times with no joy.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Are you travsering zones? Have you checked the logs to see if an application is being blocked somwhere?

Regards,

Retired Member
Not applicable

This thread has been moved to MineMeld Discussions.

Hi @haigroup,

are you using the OVA or the ISO ?

luigi

I am using the iso.  However, I am using the instruction on the set up so I import the ova and then use the iso for the disk.

@haigroup if you use the OVA here https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/minemeld-dist/0_9/minemeld-vm-0.9.5.ova you don't need the ISO. Just load the MM OVA on VMWare Workstation/Dekstop and launch it.

thank you, I will give that a shot now.

got it working! thank you for the help!

Hi,

I am running VMWare Desktop and have the MineMeld-VM-0.9.5.OVA file on the hard drive.  The VM doesn't recognize the OVA file.  What program did you use to Run the OVA file?

Have you tryed renaming the image file to .ovf? There are some desktop releases that can't read .ova files but that accept them when provided with the .ovf extension.

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to deploy using vCenter.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!