System crash leaves stagnant pidfile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

System crash leaves stagnant pidfile

L3 Networker

In my setup if I have a os/system crash, it leaves behind a stagnant pidfile. This makes sense. However on startup minemeld is set up to start at boot/runlevel 3 or whatever run level. It seems the stagnant pidfile does not in fact get cleaned up so the processes do not start.

If the pidfile were stored in /run then this would not be the fact since it is mounted as tmpfs as far as I understand it. Is this something which could be modified to account for the above scenario with stale pidfiles?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

@chirss you are right, it was an oversight on my side. I would create a directory owned by minemeld user in /run and replace /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/run with a symbolic link to that directory. Or wait for the next update where I will fix this 🙂

Thanks !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

@chirss you are right, it was an oversight on my side. I would create a directory owned by minemeld user in /run and replace /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/run with a symbolic link to that directory. Or wait for the next update where I will fix this 🙂

Thanks !

Awesome thanks. I wouldn't have even noticed except I'm running it in vmware workstation and my laptop has problems hibernating.

Should be fixed in the new version of the base apt package, auto update should automatically install it.

Do I need to do anything after running dist-upgrade and it completing?

Hi chirsf,

to update MineMeld you can simply run "sudo /usr/sbin/minemeld-auto-update", this is also referenced in a daily cron job so chance are your system was already up to date.

If you have run a dist-upgrade you can check if the apt base package has been updatded (dpkg -l | grep minemeld), it should show version 0.9.6-1. Upgrading the base package automatically updates the MineMeld code, you can check if you are running the latest release (0.9.24) by doing  a "ls -l /opt/minemeld/engine". You should find symbolic link named "current" pointing to the directory 0.9.24.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!