Windows Docker Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Windows Docker Installation

L3 Networker

Is there a process to install MineMeld on a Windows isntance of Docker (much like the CentOS/RHEL deployments)?

Cheers

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Just for fun I installed Docker on a laptop running Windows Server 2016 and was able to build MineMeld with run command. Seems to work fine.

docker run -it -p 8443:443 jtschichold/minemeld

As mentioned prior... AFAIK Docker wont run on a Windows VM since it relies on Hyper-V Hypervisor, which generally doesnt wort when running on other hypervisors (ESX etc.). I have only tested on VMWare hypervisors so far and Docker installation fails. Might test on AWS and Azure later, but I dont expect any different results.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hi @El-ahrairah,

I am afraid I don't have much experience runnign Docker on Windows, but once Docker is installed the process should be the same as running MineMeld docker image on CentOS. You can run docker compose in Windows too.

Thanks @lmori

As I turns out Docker doesnt function on Windows guests running on ESXi hypervisor due to Hyper-V incompatiblity on such a scenario.

I'll endevour to test it in my free time on a thick client, but insuitable for my current use case.

Hi @El-ahrairah,

couldn't you run an Ubuntu VM on ESX ?

luigi

Yes I have run it in Ubuntu and CentOS but for various non-technical reasons I have had it requested to run on Windows. But that has now been ruled out 🙂

Just for fun I installed Docker on a laptop running Windows Server 2016 and was able to build MineMeld with run command. Seems to work fine.

docker run -it -p 8443:443 jtschichold/minemeld

As mentioned prior... AFAIK Docker wont run on a Windows VM since it relies on Hyper-V Hypervisor, which generally doesnt wort when running on other hypervisors (ESX etc.). I have only tested on VMWare hypervisors so far and Docker installation fails. Might test on AWS and Azure later, but I dont expect any different results.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!