minemeld-engine exits after auto-update to 9.20

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

minemeld-engine exits after auto-update to 9.20

L1 Bithead

from minemeld-engine log jjust after the update 

2016-09-09T06:48:49 (20984)launcher.main INFO: mm-run.py arguments: Namespace(config='/opt/minemeld/local/config', multiprocessing=0, verbose=False)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/mm-run", line 11, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.20/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/run/launcher.py", line 137, in main
config = minemeld.run.config.load_config(args.config)
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.20/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/run/config.py", line 241, in load_config
return _load_config_from_dir(config_path)
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.20/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/run/config.py", line 140, in _load_config_from_dir
cconfig = _load_config_from_file(cf)
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.20/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/run/config.py", line 113, in _load_config_from_file
nproto = _load_node_prototype(nconfig['prototype'])
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.20/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/run/config.py", line 73, in _load_node_prototype
' not found' % (protoname))
RuntimeError: Unable to load prototype minemeldlocal.Talos_blacklist_ips: not found

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

@TransCore_IT please, could you check if the file /opt/minemeld/local/prototypes/minemeldlocal.yml exists ?

Thanks,

luigi

file doesn't exist

Could you recreate the Talos_blacklist_ips prototype from the WebUI and then issue the following commands from the CLI ?

sudo service minemeld stop
sudo service minemeld start

Could be a bug in the update procedure, I will do some tests and let you know. Thanks for reporting it !

Can't access web UI get the following error message

when I check the status  I see

minemeld-engine FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)
minemeld-traced STOPPED Sep 09 01:21 PM
minemeld-web STOPPED Sep 09 01:21 PM

Copied and pasted wrong status should have  used

ubuntu@minemeld:/opt/minemeld/local/prototypes$ sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf status
minemeld-engine FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)
minemeld-traced RUNNING pid 5804, uptime 0:36:26
minemeld-web RUNNING pid 5805, uptime 0:36:26

@TransCore_IT Checked and found a bug. Could you unzip the attached file and copy the minemeldlocal.yml in /opt/minemeld/local/prototypes and restart the minemeld service ?

Please, double check the confidence level I have assigned to the Talos Blacklist (70) is equal to what you used in your prototype.

I will fix in the next release, but you should be good if you keep the file in the /opt/minemeld/local/prototypes directory.

Thanks very much back to normal

John

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!