"enhanced" YouTube Miner and Age_Out problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"enhanced" YouTube Miner and Age_Out problem

L1 Bithead

I have rewritten the available YouTube Miner (https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/youtube-miner) since it only mines the first 30 Videos from a user. 

It now uses the YouTube API (so you need an API Key) and it mines all videos in a playlist (playlist ID required).

These two variables are set via the coresponding yml file. 

To Mine another YouTube Playlist I have to creat a "new prototype from this" and change the values in the config.

This works until all indicators are aged out although I set the age_out default to null in the config.

In my original prototype the indicators do not age out.

Attached you find the node.py and the yml file. (don't judge my "programing" skills :/)

TL/DR: why does my local prototype ignore the age_out setting?

how can I set the variables needed (API key and Playlist ID) in the MineMeld UI -> same as in the autofocus miner

Thanks

Felix

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I have added it to the youtube-miner extension as a new Miner, PlaylistMiner.

Added your nick as AUTHOR, if you want me to add your full name and email just unicast me at lmori@paloaltonetworks.com.

Thanks !

luigi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi @faeppli,

awesome ! Do you mind if I merge into the existing extension ? Are you OK with Apache 2 licensing ?

Thanks,

luigi

Sure, I don't mind.

Thanks,

Felix

I have added it to the youtube-miner extension as a new Miner, PlaylistMiner.

Added your nick as AUTHOR, if you want me to add your full name and email just unicast me at lmori@paloaltonetworks.com.

Thanks !

luigi

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!