Prisma Access Costing model and other queries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Prisma Access Costing model and other queries

L1 Bithead

For Prisma Access for Users, can you please help in answering the questions below,

1. What is the costing model of the solution ?
    • Doc only says, "Prisma Access for mobile users license is based on number of users, with tiers from 200 users to more than 50,000 users." I am looking for more info on this.
  2. Available in Preview or full GA (Production use) ? e.g trial period

3. What is the preferred deployment topology for a cloud environment ? if any ?

4. Any Technical Debt ?

5. Support Model

24/7/365 or follow the sun support etc

Update: added question 5

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

@devd_25 The licencing is quite well explained in the admin docs and  user licenes based on number of users over 90 days. 

"The service does track the number of unique users over the last 90 days to ensure that you have purchased the proper license tier for your user base, and stricter policing of user count may be enforced if continued overages occur."

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-access/prisma-access-cloud-managed-admin/get-started...

There is not really much of topology for cloud managed user access model. You set up connection from prisma cloud to to office location and all your remote users connect to the Prisma Cloud Gateways. Again explained in the admin docs: 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-access/prisma-access-cloud-managed-admin/get-started...

You should really contact your local Palo Alto support team to clarify details about the support SLAs and product trials. 

L4 Transporter

@devd_25  Sales Engineer(SE) of the account is the best person to provide in detail information on this as it is hard to document all here 

1. What is the costing model of the solution ?
    • Doc only says, "Prisma Access for mobile users license is based on number of users, with tiers from 200 users to more than 50,000 users." I am looking for more info on this.
      • As doc says, it depends number of users that you would like to connect to Prisma Access. SE will guide you more on Sales
  2. Available in Preview or full GA (Production use) ? e.g trial period

1. Yes there is lab license work with SE
  3. What is the preferred deployment topology for a cloud environment ? if any ?

1. Architectural guide: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/resources/guides/prisma-access-for-users-architecture-guide
  4. Any Technical Debt ?

1. SE of the account can help with that
  5. Support Model

24/7/365 or follow the sun support etc

1. Ans: It comes with Premium 24x7 support. There are higher services of support that can be purchased. 

Please mark it solved if you are satisfied with the solution. This closes the discussion and helps others to fastly identify the solutions

~ Sai Srivastava Tumuluri ~

Sorry but I'm still confused here when I look for 60 days out-of-date/unused rules on the firewall what should I use to identify? 
Rule Usage Filter >Hit Count > Unused in 30 days?
Rule Usage Filter >Hit Count > Unused in 90 days?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!