which policy will it take to trigger the alerts??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

which policy will it take to trigger the alerts??

L2 Linker

Hi Friends,

We have a policy called "Azure SQL Server audit log retention is less than 91 days" with several alerts triggered for this.Now we have cloned the same policy with modified query inside the policy as 90 days.Here my doubt is what will happen to the open alerts with respect to the old policy??which criteria it will match in future for the further alerts?Either cloned policy or normal one??

Also please let me know the frequency of each scan it will take place on resources by policies/metaconfig collector to check for the criteria to match?

Please some experts reply on this.Awaiting some kind responses.

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

I would recommend disabling the policy for 91 days and only have the custom policy enabled.  Also, make sure this policy is added to any alert rules since alert rules are what causes policies to alert.  In regards to frequency of scans, it is usually between 15 and 45 mins per scan.

View solution in original post

Once the scan is completed, the config scan kicks off that actually generates the alerts.  Once that is finished, another ingestion cycle kicks off.  So you data will be pulled in about once an hour.

Thanks,

Eddie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

I would recommend disabling the policy for 91 days and only have the custom policy enabled.  Also, make sure this policy is added to any alert rules since alert rules are what causes policies to alert.  In regards to frequency of scans, it is usually between 15 and 45 mins per scan.

Hi Edward,

Appreciated your kind response for the query.Regarding scan frequency i wanted to know Cycle of the scan ex:-for every half n our it will take or for every 45 minutes?

Once the scan is completed, the config scan kicks off that actually generates the alerts.  Once that is finished, another ingestion cycle kicks off.  So you data will be pulled in about once an hour.

Thanks,

Eddie

Thank you kindly for your prompt response

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!