Help with Microsoft DCE RPC Big Endian Evasion Vulnerability 33510

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Help with Microsoft DCE RPC Big Endian Evasion Vulnerability 33510

L1 Bithead

I have Googled this and read up on numerous links, but I cannot find anything of value on this threatID.  I have 30-40 events a day from various IP addresses on my network, usually 1 event per IP, sometimes 2 events.  I have scanned several of the PC's with 3 different popular scanners, nothing found. I have monitored the traffic from the PCs and nothing is talking to suspicious IP addresses.  I cannot find a specific Microsoft patch associated with this vulnerability.  

Any thoughts on this? false positive? Is there a MS patch to ensure my systems aren't vulnerable?  

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While it could be a false positive, it might not be ( tough to say).  I would suggest gathering a pcap and see what is actually going on. PAN support can assist if you need them to. Also make sure the following is installed:

https://www.rapid7.com/db/vulnerabilities/dcerpc-ms-emapper-bof

Also in my experience, I block anything meduium or higher.

Hope that helps.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!