Reconnaissance Protection tresholds

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Reconnaissance Protection tresholds

L1 Bithead

Hello there,

I am in the process of configuring our reconnaissance protection profile and need some advice on best practices for interval and tresholds (events). I have been searching through the docs and can't find recommended settings for the below interval and threshold. 

- TCP Port Scan

- Host Sweep

- UDP Port Scan

I currently set 2 seconds for interval and 10 events for treshold.  Wondering what is the best practice here.

Device:  PA 850

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

There is no best practice as such for this configuration.  It depends on how you want to configure it in order to take actions on such events. You can keep as default and initially keep action as 'alert' to check if those thresholds are getting hits in real time.

- Mayur

M

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

im in the same boat, but cant see much out there for best practises. I noticed we still get port scanned a bit so keen to try and minimise this as much as possible

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

There is no best practice as such for this configuration.  It depends on how you want to configure it in order to take actions on such events. You can keep as default and initially keep action as 'alert' to check if those thresholds are getting hits in real time.

- Mayur

M

thanks Mayur that is the same conclusion i came to so i have just been tweaking it in recent weeks

Thanks Mayur, this is the most sensible approach indeed.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!