Monitor intranet traffic through VM series firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Monitor intranet traffic through VM series firewall

L1 Bithead

I have setup VM-serries 2.0 on aws and backend service.

I need to monitor intranet traffiv (traffic between resources like rds, redis, ec2 instances inside VPC). Is it possible, if yes then how I can achive it. Also is it possible to route all intranet traffic through firewall?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

The short answer is yes, use the zero-trust approach model and have all traffic flow through the Firewall. Since zones are limited, you can just create one internal zone and have the policies use IP's/Subnets as source/destination so the firewall can inspect the traffic.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Thanks Otakar for your quick responce.

If you have any reference about configuration, please share with me.  thanks in advacne.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

The short answer is yes, use the zero-trust approach model and have all traffic flow through the Firewall. Since zones are limited, you can just create one internal zone and have the policies use IP's/Subnets as source/destination so the firewall can inspect the traffic.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Otakar for your quick responce.

If you have any reference about configuration, please share with me.  thanks in advacne.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!