Site to Site VPN config on Azure palo lato

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Site to Site VPN config on Azure palo lato

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I have created site to site VPN between Palo alto in azure and checkpoint firewall.

Created VPN on untrust interface (Public IP is mapped on that interface ) . Even the Phase 1 is not up.

Can anyone help me with config on azure palo alto

15 REPLIES 15

L2 Linker

Amresh,

Would you be able to share any of your configuration?  

Todd

Thanks for your reply.

Is it ok If i upload the screenshoot of the config

Amaresh,

Sure.  I will take a look when I can.  

Thank you, 

Todd

Ikegateway1.jpgIkecrypto1.jpgIkegateway2.jpgIpsec_crypto.jpgIpsectunnel1.jpgIpsectunnel2.jpg

Also configured routes and policies .

Note - The interface is mapped with Public IP on azure.

What do your logs say?  Have you run a debug on the ike yet?  If you are trying the connection take a look at the mp-log ikemgr.log and look at the messages.  Watching that will give you a good indication where the issue might be.  

Are you able to ping the public IP peer on the remote side?  I would also go over your ike/ipsec settings from the vendor and make sure you are matched up.  

Todd 

look at the system logs and filter with (subtype eq vpn) .If you seel messages saying failing due to negotiation timeout then take a packet capture on palo alto and checkpoint to check if you are sending/receiving isakmp packets

Run a test vpn ike-sa gateway <gateway> and have a look at mp-log ikemgr.log for more info

Is there any docs available for the config of site to site VPN/Remote access VPN   in azure palo alto  .

Note - I do have docs related to appliance box.

Amaresh:

If you are using the Azure VPN gateway, try this KB article:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Integration-Articles/Configuring-IKEv2-IPsec-VPN-for-Microsoft-...

I  am looking for the docs for vpn configure in Plao alto which is deployed in azure/amazon environment.

L1 Bithead

have you managed to get this working ?

Unfortunately, the article doesn’t offer any help on how to configure the Azure side, it only suggests to read a Microsoft article that is very generic.

Please, give us a howto document with examples for both sides; otherwise, it is worthless.

In our reference architecture and companion deployment guide, we do not typically recommend terminating the VPNs on the Virtual Appliance running in Azure.  This is b/c you will need to use SNAT to enforce return path routing through the proper firewall to prevent asymmetric routing as we cannot extend BGP from the firewalls to the Azure Route Table.  Instead, you may consider terminating the VPN on the Azure VPN Gateway and use our backhaul routing design to force all traffic to and from the Gateway subnet through the firewall utilizing UDRs and the Load Balancer.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/resources/reference-architectures/azure

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!