Some questions about Azure Function?

L0 Member

Some questions about Azure Function?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make use of Azure Function in order to do a automation task. Currently, i have 2 script files (.bat and powershell) placed on my local Windows laptop at C:\ driver. To put it simply, the .bat file is used to connect to Azure DWH, retrieve information about DWH, output the value to a text file. The powershell file is used to read the .txt file to get a value, then push this value to Log Analytics using REST API, finally delete the .txt file Now i want to bring these script to Function but not sure how to do that. I've heard Function only support C#, Java, Javascript but they also said Powershell and .bat are OK. But from function app, i didn't see any option to write function with Powershell, .bat. One question, Function is serverless. But i did see the "Stop" button from Overview of Function App. What does that mean? I can start and stop function just like VMs? How is that related to serverless?
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!