Zone Protection profile pushed from Panorama to VM-100 in Azure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Zone Protection profile pushed from Panorama to VM-100 in Azure

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

I am having recurring issues deploying zone protection profiles for VM series firewalls in Azure, from Panorama templates, revolving around SCTP settings, whenever I try to push the template the commits are failing with the below error -

• Details:
  • . Validation Error:
  • . network -> profiles -> zone-protection-profile -> Untrusted_Zone-VM100 -> flood -> sctp-init constraints failed : SCTP security is not enabled
  • . network -> profiles -> zone-protection-profile -> Untrusted_Zone-VM100 -> flood -> sctp-init is invalid

However the SCTP settings are not configured on the profile, the tick box is unchecked and settings unchanged.

Enabling SCTP allows for it to be accepted, but I don't want to unnecessarily enable it across all the firewalls, it's not enabled on the hardware based firewalls, so why should I have to on the VM series firewalls?  Has anyone else had this issue before,  I feel it must be something obvious I am missing but I can't seem to see it?

Thanks.

Tony.

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Tony I have the same issue. Was your resolved ?

Ensan ODeh
Senior Network Cloud Engineer

It was but I can't 100% remember what I did to solve it unfortunately, is it enabled on your panorama?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!